Violette gin | Raspberry liqueur | Blueberry, honey and lavender coulis | Berry Nordic kombucha
To celebrate the arrival of the sunny days, we invite you to sip this floral, berry-flavoured cocktail for the apéritif on the balcony or with friends during a virtual happy hour. Soothing thanks to lavender and featuring local ingredients, this gin and tonic is the perfect way to end the day and to enjoy springtime in a different way.
Preparation time: 30 minutes | Cooking time: 15 minutes | Makes: One cocktail (240 ml or 8 oz)
For the blueberry, honey and lavender coulis
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup Quebec honey
- 1 ½ tablespoon dried lavender
- 1 cup frozen wild blueberries
For the cocktail
- 45 ml (1 ½ oz) Violette gin or another Quebec gin of your choice
- 30 ml (1 oz) raspberry liqueur from Maison Sivo
- 15 ml (½ oz) lime juice
- 45 ml (1 ½ oz) blueberry, honey and lavender coulis
- 30 ml (1 oz) aquafaba (optional)
- 60 ml (2 oz) berry kombucha
- 1 tablespoon frozen blueberries or honeyberries
- Ice cubes
Blueberry, honey and lavender coulis
- In a saucepan, bring the water and honey to a boil.
- Off the heat, add the dried lavender. Transfer to a bowl and allow to cool completely.
- In a blender, mix the blueberries with the honey and lavender syrup. Strain the mixture through a fine sieve to obtain a smooth coulis, then set aside.
- Fill the quarter of a shaker with ice cubes. Add the gin, raspberry liqueur, lime juice, blueberry, honey and lavender coulis and the aquafaba.
- Shake vigorously for 15 seconds.
- Fill half of an old-fashioned glass with ice cubes.
- Pour the preparation into the glass by passing it through a fine sieve. Add the kombucha and garnish with frozen berries.
Notes: We advise you to use a gin with floral notes for this recipe. You can freeze the extra blueberry, honey and lavender coulis for future use.