Physical distance does not prevent us from celebrating the important things! Whether we’re under the same roof or meeting virtually, there’s nothing better than a mimosa to celebrate Mother’s Day.
One with herbaceous notes and the other with fruity flavours, the two Nordic mimosa recipes from Alphée Gagnon, chief service at the Strøm Mont-Saint-Hilaire Nord restaurant, pay tribute to our local products and remind us of the importance of eating local products.
From our family to yours, cheers to moms!
Nordic mimosa No. 1
Preparation time: 5 minutes | Makes: 1 flute of mimosa (178 ml or 6 oz)
- 1 oz (30 ml) sage syrup
- 1 oz (30 ml) honey vermouth (or white vermouth)
- 2 oz (60 ml) sparkling wine
- 2 oz (60 ml) freshly squeezed orange juice or juice from the market
- 1 fresh sage leaf
- Pour the sage syrup into the Champagne flute.
- Add the honey vermouth, the sparkling wine up to half the flute, then finish with the orange juice.
- Garnish with fresh sage leaf.
Note: You can adapt the quantity of sparkling wine and orange juice according to your taste.
Nordic mimosa No. 2
Preparation time: 5 minutes | Makes: 1 flute of mimosa (163 ml or 5 ½ oz)
- 1 oz (30 ml) raspberry liqueur (or blackcurrant, blueberry or other berry liqueur)
- ½ oz (15 ml) gin (or other clear spirit)
- 2 oz (60 ml) rosé sparkling wine (or rosé wine mixed with soft drink)
- 2 oz (60 ml) blueberry juice
- Pour the raspberry liqueur into the Champagne flute.
- Add the gin, the rosé sparkling wine up to half of the flute, then finish with the blueberry juice.
Note: You can adapt the quantity of gin, sparkling wine and blueberry juice according to your taste.