Here we go! Winter storms, blowing winds and the freezing cold have arrived at our door steps. Let’s go and put on the winter clothes to beat those unbearably cold temperatures, none the less we always end up back inside to warm up. Going from the cold outside air to the dry and heated inside air is a very drastic change for our skin. The skin feels like it is constantly being tugged, red spots often appear on the cheekbones and they can also cause skin dander (dead, superficial skin cells).
Here are some recommendations from our aestheticians for healthy and hydrated skin this winter.
- It is important to stay hydrated in winter since the aggressive cold and dry heating dehydrate the skin enormously. Feelings of tightness and discomfort, peeling, irritation, redness, the skin suffers a great amount.
- Little tips to avoid all the above mentioned problems: exfoliate once or twice a week, it will eliminate the accumulation of dead cells on the surface and allow the products to better penetrate the skin. Afterwards it is recommended to apply a water-based moisturizing cream (we want to help the skin to maintain its natural moisture). It is also very important to choose a moisturizer that is right for your skin type; here are the products we recommend from our skin care line Algologie.
- For normal to mixed skin we recommend the Moisturizing Tender Cream. It leaves your skin feeling comfortable and hydrated and with its light texture it is pleasant even on mixed skin that is oilier in winter.
- For normal, dehydrated skin we recommend the Moisturizing Rich Cream. With its rich texture it keeps in the natural moisture and acts as a protection against external threats to the skin.
- For dry skin (sebum deficiency) we recommend the Regenerative Cream. With its rich texture it restores the lipids and soothes the skin removing the feeling of tightness. It can also be used on normal skin when doing outdoor activities in winter.
- For sensitive skin we recommend the exfoliating Soft Caress Peel. It gently removes the superficial dead skin cells and leaves no irritation or redness.
- For normal to mixed skin we recommend the exfoliating Granular Peel. It improves skin tone, natural moisture and refines the texture.
Finally, we also suggest using a moisturizing mask twice a week at night during the winter months, it plumps up skin cells, restores comfort and radiance to the skin and reduces fine lines caused by dehydration.
Constantly hydrating the skin prevents premature aging, fine lines, lack of firmness and dullness.
Have an amazing winter!
– Andréa Labelle and Dominique Parent-Isabelle, aestheticians at Strøm Nuns’ Island
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE THESE ARTICLES