For Valentine’s Day there is nothing better than sharing a romantic moment with the love of your life. Read on and find a recipe from our bistro chef that will help you spoil and surprise your significant other. Happy Valentine’s Day!
Spicy chocolate and raspberry cream
Recipe from Annie Deslandes, Executive Chef at Strøm Sherbrooke
For 6 servings
- 100 g raspberry puree or 130 g fresh raspberries
- 300 g dark chocolate
- 2 egg yolks
- 300 ml heavy cream 35%
- 2 teaspoons vanilla sugar
- 1 pinch chili powder or a little bit of fresh Cayenne pepper
- 1 ½ tablespoons butter at room temperature
1. Purée the raspberries and strain them through a sieve.
2. Finely chop the chocolate and put the pieces in a bowl.
3. Whisk the egg yolks.
4. In a saucepan, combine the heavy cream, vanilla sugar, chili powder and raspberry puree, and bring to a boil. As soon as it is boiling, remove the saucepan from the heat and let the mixture cool to 75-80 ° C before adding the egg yolks (if the mixture is too hot, the yolks will coagulate). Whisk vigorously.
5. Pour the still hot mixture over the chocolate, and mix thoroughly. Let the mixture cool down to a lukewarm 35 ° C, then stir in the butter.
6. Divide the chocolate cream into 6 shot glasses, and let them cool down in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
7. Serve with chocolate spirals and a few fresh raspberries
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE THESE ARTICLES