For 6 people
- 30 ml of olive oil
- 15 ml of garlic, chopped
- 3 carrots, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 180 ml of pearl barley
- 5 kale leaves, coarsely chopped
- 6 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 can of cannellini beans
- 1 liter of water
- Lemon juice to taste
- Fresh herbs to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 slices of mozzarella di Bufala
- 6 slices of prosciutto cut into thin strips
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Beet sprouts to taste
- Sauté the onion, carrots and celery in olive oil for about 10 minutes.
- Add garlic and pearl barley and mix until they are well coated.
- Add the diced tomatoes and kale. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the water and flavor with the fresh herbs.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked.
- Drain the cannellini beans and add them to the soup.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the fresh ground pepper and beet sprouts to taste.
- Add a slice of mozzarella and prosciutto to each portion and serve.
By Isabelle Ladouceur, chef Bistro at Strøm Mont-Saint-Hilaire
These recipes are offered at the Strøm Mont-Saint-Hilaire for a limited time.
For the bistro menu and to discover our specialties at Strøm Mont-Saint-Hilaire, click here.
For the bistro menu and to discover our specialties at Strøm Nuns’ Island, click here.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE THESE ARTICLES