Happiness is to know how to have a great time and enjoy it fully. We take advantage of the month of May to celebrate Mother’s Day. Offer them a break, a day to be pampered and spoiled! Our bistro chef suggests a small, light and very fresh delicacy that will sweeten the wait until summer! Enjoy!
Mini lemon pies:
- 12 sweet pie crusts, 4 inches in diameter
- Zest and lemons juice
- 150ml of concentrated lemon juice
- 125ml sugar
- 4 eggs
- 125ml sugar
- 250ml cold butter, in cubes
- Bake the empty pie crusts … For 8 minutes at 325 ° C.
- Put the zest and juice of 2 lemons, the concentrated lemon juice, and the first 125ml of sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low.
- In a bowl, mix the eggs with the second 125ml of sugar and beat until the mix is becoming lighter in colour.
- Gradually incorporate the lemon mixture into the egg mixture, stirring constantly. This step is very important. If you don’t apply it, your eggs are likely to clot. This will in return give your lemon mixture a lumpy texture.
- Return the mixture to the saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring constantly until it boils.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cold butter cubes. Melt and cool rapidly. One trick to quickly cool your mix is to immerse the bottom of your pan in a bowl of ice water.
- Fill the pie shells and refrigerate.
- Accompany your dessert with a big glass of milk or even a mango smoothie to complete this recipe with a summery note!
– Isabelle Ladouceur, chef bistro at Strøm Mont-Saint-Hilaire
To discover the Mother’s Day packages offered at Strøm Mont-Saint-Hilaire, click here.
To discover the Mother’s Day packages offered at Strøm Nuns’ Island, click here.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE THESE ARTICLES