Notice to all oyster and bubbly lovers: Charles Veilleux, executive chef of “Chic Traiteur” suggests you enjoy oysters like you have never enjoyed them before. Discover the recipes for fresh oysters and pickled cucumber with passion fruit, oyster shooter with diced berries and smoked oyster mousse with rosemary yogurt, as well as suggestions for the matching bubbly by “Ateliers et Saveurs”.
Fresh oyster and pickled cucumber with passion fruit
- 1 fresh oyster
- 1 cucumber
- 1 passion fruit
- Cut the cucumber and the pulp of the passion fruit into small cubes
- Mix the two ingredients and marinate for an hour
- Open the fresh oyster
- Top the oyster in its shell with the cucumber/passion fruit mixture and make sure that the oyster juice stays in the shell
Food and wine pairing proposed by “Ateliers et Saveurs”: Champagne Lallier Grande Reserve Grand Cru
Oyster shooter and diced berries
- 1 fresh oyster
- Champagne of your choice
- Cut the 4 fruits into small cubes
- Put the fresh oyster in a shot glass
- Add the mixture of the 4 fruits to the shot glass
- Pour the champagne into the shot glass
Food and wine pairing proposed by “Ateliers et Saveurs”: Sparkling rosé Bernard-Massard Cuvée de l’Écusson brut
Smoked oyster mousse and rosemary yogurt
- 1 cup of plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup of smoked oyster
- Cream cheese
- Fresh basil leaf
- Salt and pepper
- Crackers of your choice
- Rosemary yogurt: Finely chop the rosemary and mix with yogurt. Let it marinate in the fridge for 24 hours.
- Oyster mousse: Smoke your fresh oysters if you have a smoker or buy them already smoked at the grocery store.
- Chop the smoked oysters and mix them with the cream cheese. Add salt and pepper.
- Put the mixture on a basil leaf and place it on top of a cracker.
Food and wine pairing proposed by “Ateliers et Saveurs”: Sparkling wine Roderer Estate Anderson Valley
– Recipes created and performed by Charles Veilleux, Executive Chef of “Chic Traiteur”, partner of the Cøzy Thursdays
To discover the next themes being offered at our Cøzy Thursdays in 2015, click here.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE THESE ARTICLES