Beetroot-cured salmon gravlax
For the Spring break, Strøm presents this essential recipe.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Curing time: 48 hours
- 1 salmon fillet of about 700gr, skin removed
- 100 gr coarse salt
- 100 gr brown sugar
- 300 gr red beets
- 5 ml vodka
- 1 bunch dill
- the zest of one lemon
- 5 ml freshly ground pepper
Lemon-dill sour cream
- 125 ml sour cream
- 15 ml fresh dill, chopped
- 15 ml fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Clean the salmon fillet and remove all fish bones.
- Peel and grate the beets.
- Chop the whole bunch of dill.
- Place the salmon fillet in a large flat bowl and spread the coarse salt and brown sugar over the whole fillet.
- Add the grated beets, drizzle with the vodka and sprinkle the lemon peel on top.
- Add dill and pepper. Rigorously spread the ingredients over the entire fillet.
- Carefully wrap the fillet and its trimmings with a plastic wrap, place a weight on top do facilitate the curing process.
- Put it in the refrigerator and let it cure for 48 hours.
- Take off the plastic wrap and remove the entire garnish from the salmon.
- Rinse the fillet lightly with cold water and dry it gently with absorbent paper towel.
- At the time of serving, thinly slice the salmon fillet.
- Serve the gravlax with a lemon wedge, toasted bread slices, the lemon-dill sour cream and a side of green salad.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE THESE ARTICLES