With the arrival of spring, why not improve your healthy eating habits with invigorating food that will boost your level of energy and give you a sense of well-being? It’s easy to get there with this simple recipe for a beet tartare and a cucumber-pineapple puree. Bon appétit!
Serving Size: 1 main course or 2 small appetizers
- 1 ¼ cup diced red beets (0.5 cm x 0.5 cm)
- ½ cup pineapple cut into cubes
- The flesh of a medium sized English cucumber
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 French shallot, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Sea salt, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine beets, cilantro, shallots, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice and salt.
- Mix and let it stand to marinate.
- Add the pineapple and cucumber flesh to a blender or food processor. Pulse it until you have a “crunchy” texture.
- Add the beet mixture to a big round cookie cutter; top it with the cucumber-pineapple puree.
- Decorate with some alfalfa sprouts and chives (photo: alfalfa, chives).
-Marie Philippe, chef bistro at Strom Nuns’ Island
For the bistro menu and to discover our specialties at Strom Mont-Saint-Hilaire, click here.
For the bistro menu and to discover our specialties at Strom Nuns’ Island, click here.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE THESE ARTICLES