Hot Maple and Apple Cider Flavoured with Labrador Tea
A drink combining the warmth of whisky, the sweetness of maple, the acidity of apple, and the spiciness of ginger, perfect for capping off a walk in the forest or an afternoon of reading.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Waiting time: 12 hours
- 3 cups flat cider
- 3 oz. maple whisky
- ½ cup maple syrup 1 cup water
- The peels and cores of 8 apples (or 3 diced apples)
- 1 ½ tbsp. grated fresh ginger
- ¾ cup dried Labrador tea leaves
- Let all the ingredients marinate overnight in the refrigerator in a covered saucepan. This step is optional but will greatly enhance the taste of the hot cider.
- Heat the ingredients in the saucepan over low heat until the mixture is hot, making sure not to boil it.
- Cover and let steep off heat for 5 to 10 minutes. Filter the mixture before serving. Reheat if necessary.